We convert tissue and paper products exclusively for distributors, offering a broad range of hygiene and workplace products to customers who demand the best. We have a complete range of branded and private label products distributed via our 4,000m2 warehousing and onsite logistic facilities we can ensure maximum control over the service, quality and reliability we make to our customers.
Easy to reach location via Bus, Tram or Road, with free onsite parking available.
Job Location: Royton, Oldham
Salary: £22,000 PA
Overtime Pay Rate: Overtime available
Working Hours: Rotating Shifts
Monday to Friday 06:00-14:00
Monday to Friday 14:00-22:00
Sunday to Thursday 22:00-06:00
About the role
Every employee is tasked with delivering the same quality of product and a reliable service to offer our customers.
As a Tissue Machine Technician you will be working as an integral part of the operation, manufacturing tissue based products.
What we need from you
- Previous Background in a similar manufacturing environment
- Basic machine fault finding/ trouble shooting
- Basic engineering knowledge
- Experience in manufacturing processes
- Basic engineering knowledge
- Produce Products to agreed targets and Time scales
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Be confident in communicating with your colleges and the customers.
- Have strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Have the ability to multi task and prioritise tasks.
- Be a strong team player.
- You will be operating a variety of rewinding machines.
- Packing finished products, including wrapping, check weighing and palletizing goods.
- Recording accurate data onto the production and quality control records
- Follow standard operating procedures, work instructions and customer specifications
- Maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Able to work a three-shift system with (occasional) weekends with a flexible approach to overtime working.
- After training, be responsible for first line Maintenance of the rewinders and packaging equipment adhering to regular service schedules.
- Work alongside the engineering department for fault finding and corrective maintenance
- Training new operators/agency staff on machine operation and safety as directed by managers and supervisors.
As part of the development of a machine Technician and our commitment to you we will also be offering an NVQ in performing Manufacturing Operations and business improvements leading on to a Machine Technicians role.
Follow us on Facebook
@xpress solutions recruitment ltd to get the latest jobs straight to your phone.
We are Xpress Solutions and we value you by:
- Offering you jobs with the leading employers in the area.
- Appropriate rates of pay for the work you will be doing.
- Paying you ON TIME for the work you have done.
- Always at the end of the phone if you need to speak to us.
Xpress Solutions acts as an employment agency for temporary or permanent staff. Please visit www.xpresssolutions.co.uk for all of our vacancies and to read our terms and conditions.