Production Planner Middleton Manchester M24
The Production Planner will be responsible for the scheduling of production processes to ensure that all customer orders will be ready in time for shipment with the minimum amount of cost, ensuring capacity is maintained in line with business requirements through efficient utilisation of equipment and planning of material availability and that customer requirements are met / exceeded.
By combining science with design and insights, we tackle the issues and concerns of today. Every day, our community of innovators is invigorated by the challenge of finding creative ways to enhance people's lives and make the world around us easier, safer, more sustainable and more beautiful.
With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia, with more than 7,000 associates working to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
We believe ethical behavior is the right thing to do as an organization and as a community. As a long-held, core value of our company and our shareholders, it is the foundation of our lasting business success. Honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior are the responsibility of every employee. We must conduct ourselves in accordance with the highest business standards, provide safe environments for our associates, and manufacture with sustainable practices. How we achieve success is as important as the success we achieve.
Package and Benefits
- £28000 to £30000 depending on experience
- Pension scheme 3% company, 3% employee
- Death in service (1 x annual salary)
- Free car parking
- Health drop in sessions
- On site counseling
- Employee referral program
- Long Service awards
- Extensive internal/external training opportunities
- Course fees, study leave and professional subscription support
- 9:00am – 5.00pm (flexible) Days, Monday to Friday
- 37.5 hour week
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:-
- Ensuring efficient and accurate schedules and associated paperwork (e.g. production orders) are issued to Manufacturing and that the schedule coverage and the times they are issued are in line with pre-agreed parameters.
- Ensuring all schedules take into account production constraints, customer required dates, economical run quantities, changeover times, requirements for businesses and raw material availability.
- Working with other members of the Planning team, Manufacturing, Warehousing and Customer Service to ensure all large or non standard requirements are planned for and catered for appropriately (e.g. large orders, custom products, non standard production processes).
- Ensuring inventory is accurate and in the correct locations.
- Liaising with Production to resolve any potential supply issues (relating to raw material or supply from previous processes) including highlighting any potential issues as early and as clearly as possible.
- Monitoring and acting on exception messages against MRP controllers daily.
- Providing timely notification of late orders to Customer Service
- Pro-actively checking orders to ensure we capture all potential orders affected by any issues.
- Working with Development and Marketing to ensure their requirements are manufactured to required time lines and that regular proactive updates are provided to stakeholders on progress or any delays/issues.
- Responding to queries from Customer Service, Manufacturing, Warehousing, Logistics about lead-times and material availability in a timely manner taking into account current capacity and material constraints as well as any previously made commitments
- Monitoring of sales orders to provide a status update each morning prior to the Planning meeting and to the relevant stakeholders throughout the day. Investigating late orders and agreeing corrective actions where applicable.
- Communicating available capacity and lead-times
- Working with Manufacturing to ensure resolutions to any production issues, to find solutions to Customer requirements and to implement improvements
- Leading by example to ensure a high level of pride, service, reliability and efficiency is maintained.
- Pro-actively resolving issues when they arise and working to prevent any potential issues
- Using clear, concise language that is easily understood and appropriate within a professional environment to communicate with all customers/colleagues internally and externally at all levels of the organisation.
- Pro-actively assisting other departments within the Company as and when required
- Providing cover for team members when required
- Participating in special projects and performing additional duties as required.
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure achievement of team, individual and corporate goals.
- Complying with all Company Policies and Procedures
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- 3 Years experience in production planning
- Understanding of production planning and inventory management processes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity as well as prioritisation of work
- Time management and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with SAP or other ERP systems
- Willing and capable of supporting and working with other internal departments locally and globally
- Proactive in driving and implementing improvements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Willingness to provide cover for team members as and when required