About Our Business
We produce products exclusively for distributors, offering a broad range of hygiene and workplace products to customers who demand the best. We have a complete range of branded and private label products distributed via our 4,000m2 warehousing and onsite logistic facilities we can ensure maximum control over the service, quality and reliability we make to our customers.
Who we are looking for
The role of Production Manager is to support in the smooth running of the entire site through the development of rigid processes and procedures. You will oversee all processes on site, ensuring that all production is planned to achieve fixed objectives. The Production Manager will have a hands on approach to both management product delivery.
This is an ideal opportunity to join an agile business that can respond rapidly to the market and implement changes swiftly to achieve improvement objectives. You will become a keystone within the business, building the site management structure around you and your strategic plans.
- To plan, co-ordinate and control both the manufacturing schedule and all associated processes.
- To contribute to the operational strategic plan, owning your section of the plan, and engaging all relevant staff to deliver the plan.
- Ensuring that the entire production process is done efficiently and delivering to the required business standards.
- To monitor the production schedule and re-prioritise works as required.
- To support, co-ordinate and align all activities through the department heads, including maintenance and logistics.
- Oversee all production processes, maintaining an accurate production schedule and ensuring staff deliver expected outputs as per their work center(s)
- Work with the Engineering team to deliver an effective maintenance schedule, minimising reactive repairs and machine downtime.
- Ensuring that the Companies Health and Safety guidelines are followed at all times, and that risk assessments are implemented.
- Delivering a culture of excellence and engaging staff to drive positive change.
- Identifying staff training needs and supply appropriate training to increase their abilities, as well as ensuring the business is adequately skilled to cover planned/unplanned leave.
- To support with the control of both inward and outward stock movement whilst maintaining accuracy and integrity of the store/s inventory records. This will include all associated documentation and record keeping for accounting purposes.
- Find and implement solutions to reduce the amount of physical production waste.
- Assessing project and resources requirements.
- Able to set and control targets and budgets.
- Background in lean manufacturing processes and a working knowledge of MRP & ERP systems.
- Strategic thinker and ability to contribute at Senior Management level.
- Strong leadership skills; be able to drive change and process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills; listening and interfacing skills with senior management, suppliers and the ability to provide guidance and mentoring of staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under frequent changing priorities.
- Demonstrated project management and successful project completion experience.
- Self-motivated, energetic and always sees a challenge as opposed to a problem.
- Computer literacy including Word and Excel.